CTK School Fete
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN
(refer to newsletter for details)
First Day of Term 3
Red Food Day
Travel Choice Morning
2016 Planning Meeting
Father's Day Stall
Father's Day Cricket Match and BBQ
Red Food Day
Travel Choice Morning
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Mondays and Fridays 8.35am
Thursday & Friday
8.30am - 9.00am
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
First Break only
Click here to see when
CtK Village is on next
Before School: 6.30 am - 8.30 am
After School: 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Vacation Care - school holidays
Ph: 3204 2760
or 0417 721 367
Welcome to our website....
Christ the King School is a community where individuals are encouraged to express themselves; where the teachings of Jesus Christ are embraced with enthusiasm and used as guidelines for living together in family and wider society; where love and zest for learning are fostered, where all members feel welcome, respected and safe.
Christ the King School is part of a dynamic group of schools in one of the fastest growing areas of Australia. As part of St Eugene’s Parish, Burpengary, we have direct access to St Eugene College, a newly opened Catholic college only 10 minutes away.
Our school has new classrooms, library, admin block and hall and is equipped with the latest resources and technology. By far, our greatest asset is the outstanding staff who, together with parents, create a close family atmosphere in a small school setting. Our learning support programme and network of specialist teachers and school officers ensure that each child’s individual needs are catered for. Our community is made up of people from varied social and religious backgrounds. We provide an inclusive Catholic learning programme for everyone.
Latest News & Events
CtK SPORTS CARNIVAL GOLDEN RULES
1. Classes will meet in the undercover area at 8.35am before going to class for roll and messages. At 8.45 all classes return to the undercover area for prayer and march past to the oval.
2. Students are to be dressed in full school sports uniform with the NEW house coloured shirt. School hat is also compulsory and can only be removed when participating in an event.
3. Appropriate footwear is to be worn; due to the green ants on the oval, students are required to keep footwear on all day.
4. Students may wear coloured zinc if they wish but there is to be NO coloured hairspray.
5. Students are to bring lunch from home, unless they are supporting the school tuckshop (first break only). It is requested that parents/carers bring picnic lunches for themselves and extended family members, as the tuckshop will only be available to students. We would encourage no fast food for children throughout the day. Save it for the trip home or the holidays.
6. Students are to remain in their house tent when not competing in events.
7. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to support their child throughout the day but it is for safety reasons, parents are not at any stage to assist their child during an event. Should a child require assistance, a staff member will step in.
8. There will be a designated area for spectators to watch the track events.
9. All students are expected to participate in ALL field events with their class to earn points for their house.
10. The CtK Athletics Carnival is about our school community coming together
to have fun, try our best in all events, and represent their house with pride!
VISUAL AND MEDIA ART
Term 3 students will be studying visual and media art. Each child will require an"Art Shirt" for term 3. This can be an old workshirt, nightshirt etc. of Mum, Dad, Grandad – whoever. As long as it is long enough to cover the uniform and protect it from getting paint on it. These shirts will remain at school and be stored in a tub for each year level. Button up is great as if the student gets paint on the shirt they will not need to take it off over their head. There is no need to go and buy a special shirt for this. Any large old top will do. Any questions please feel free to ask Sarah McDonald in the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you joined the Christ the King P&F Facebook page? - https://www.facebook.com/ groups/1443862465853930/ This is a closed page for parents and families of CtK.
Next Semester we will be launching our Parent Portal. This site will allow us to better communicate with our parent community. In addition to being a way to distribute newsletters, notices and permission forms it will also give parents access to change and update contact details, and in the future see student results from the school report cards and NAPLAN.
The Parent Portal is designed to work in conjunction with a new school website, the new BCE Connect App and our existing school portal. More details about the launch of the Parent Portal and Parent Information and Set-up Sessions will be available soon.
You can now reply to selected events via email. If you have any questions/comments regarding
the event you can email the school directly from your Skoolbag App.
Your iPhone app now has a slide away menu. With Recently/Most Viewed items and "My Pins" which enables you to favourite certain entries, this is done by clicking the sliding menu on the
bottom of each entry, and tapping the blue pin. Your favourites are then shown in the "My Pins" menu option.
Change of details eForm
The app now includes a change of details eForm enabling parents to submit changes to their
contact details back to the school.
Absentee Note eForm
It also includes an absentee or sick note eForm enabling parents to submit details of absence
back to the school.
If you would like to have the school newsletter delivered directly to your Inbox every week then click here.